Tuesday, November 23, 2004

wow:ce

At last! I will have a copy of the World of Warcraft Collector's Edition. It occurred to me that Best Buy allows you to purchase things online and pick them up in the store. Their questionable business ethics aside, I decided to place my order, and lo and behold, I have a copy waiting for me that I should be able to pick up on the way to visit family tomorrow for Thanksgiving.

The thing I hate most is that I was a part of the beta, so I already have the software installed on my machine. I've also already purchased the game. But I don't have the stinking authentication key that would have me in the game tonight. And because I'm visiting family, it means that I won't even get to play the game tomorrow, but will have to wait until the day after Thanksgiving. Ah well, at least I'll have the art book to look at and the soundtrack to drive my wife crazy with on the car ride up there. I suppose I'll even bring a laptop along so that I can watch the behind the scenes DVD. Now I just have to hope that there's still a server or two out there on which my character names will not be taken...

No comments: