Monday, June 21, 2004

are you in?

So, I've been running around lately, signing up for every Google service like they were Pokemon. Up til' two days ago, that included Blogger, Google Groups 2 (beta), GMail, and the Web APIs. But Orkut was wildly elusive for me, and I didn't know anyone who could get me in. I must've spent four hours searching for someone to give me an invite. Finally, fortune smiled upon me and some incredibly nice soul invited me to join the party. At last, I'm in the club. :)

I've had the chance to play with Orkut for the past few days and I can definitely say that it is a very nice service. It's a pretty gated community, so you can feel pretty safe in knowing that you're not going to be bombarded by ads and spammers. I also love the various communities. So far there has yet to be a topic that I can think of that doesn't already exist as a community. And I take comfort in knowing that if I do happen across a discussion topic for which there is no community, I can create it myself. All in all, I'm just about as impressed with this service as I am with GMail. If anyone happens to want an invite to Orkut to try it out, just leave a comment with your first and last names, e-mail address, and a description of yourself and why you should be invited. Then maybe, just maybe, you'll get to try it for youself!

[Listening to: Experiment 626 (D I G I T A L L Y - I M P O R T E D - European Trance, Techno, Hi-NRG... we can't define it!) - Broken Toy - (0:-1)]

No comments: