Thursday, June 10, 2004

a good day

Last night made yesterday probably one of the better days I've had at work in a while. I ran into a problem with the licensing tool that we purchased a while back and had almost convinced myself that it would take forever to get it resolved. I went ahead and fired off an e-mail to their support desk last night close to 5 pm and didn't really expect a resolution until today at the earliest. I was literally floored when I received a response to my e-mail in two minutes. I figured that it was an automated e-mail for sure. But upon reading it I found that it wasn't automated at all; in fact they had even answered my second question, which I half expected them to ignore. And they were completely friendly and professional to boot! After sending a second e-mail to provide additional information, I stepped out to grab a bite to eat and by the time I got back, my issue was resolved. No runaround, no hassle. Talk about making a developer's day! I am definitely impressed, and if anyone out there is a .NET developer in need of a licensing framework, check these guys out.

But that wasn't the only good thing to happen. One of my co-workers stumbled across , a company that creates components for .NET applications. We downloaded the demo and played with it last night. It was almost like Christmas; we played with it and were continually oohing and ahhing with each new feature that we came across.

To top it all off, Blogger has had a facelift (yes, I only recently noticed this), so I was able to give my blog a cool new style and finally include a commenting tool that works. All in all, yesterday was a great day! :)

No comments: