Thursday, September 30, 2004

new toy

Just placed my order for the parts to build my new computer. I'm extremely excited about this one because I should finally have enough of a system to keep up with the games that are coming out, at least for the next few years. Here are the parts I've ordered.

Jetmaster Jr. Case
Asus K8N-E Mobo
AMD-64 3400+ CPU (yeah, I splurged a bit here)
512 MB DDR RAM (2 sticks)
250 GB Hard disk (ooh...SATA!)
CPU Fan
GeForce FX 5700 LE
16x DVD-ROM drive
DVD+-RW Drive (I wanted dual layer, but didn't want to pay for dual layer. Maybe that'll be a later upgrade.)
500 Watt Power Supply
UV-Reactive EIDE Cable
Blue Cold Cathode Light Kit
SATA power connection adapter
Translucent blue SATA drive cable
Creative Inspire 5200 speakers

No additional sound card on this one since the motherboard ships with 8 channel sound. If I find I have enough money left over from my birthday, I may splurge on the Audigy 2ZS with a Live Drive a little later. Another accessory I think I'm going to go for right away is the Beyond TV/Firefly PC Remote bundle I found last night while surfing around looking for cool stuff. I can't wait to have a PC that can act like a PVR, especially one that doesn't require a monthly fee like TiVo does.

Now, hopefully I haven't left anything essential out that will delay my building this monster! ^_^

No comments: