Friday, September 17, 2004

new views

A couple of days ago, one of the bosses came up here and gave us all brand new chairs! Though I can't understand the logic, considering we just had our old chairs reupholstered, I was thankful to have a new chair that hadn't been broken in by anyone else. It's actually quite comfy, and more like the one I have at home, which is also nice.

In addition, I decided to rearrange my office from the way it had been for over a year now. This also gave me the chance to go through a year's worth of junk and get rid of stuff I didn't need anymore. Plus, the way my office was, the door was to my back. That, coupled with the fact that I usually code with headphones on and the volume turned way up, meant that someone could walk into my office, stand directly behind me, and watch over my shoulder without me realizing it. I hate when that happens, and it was starting to happen far too often.

My new arrangement has me facing the door (or rather the same wall as the door), so that I can see outside my office in my perhipheral vision. It has noticeably cut down on my paranoia. Plus, it just feels more cozy in here for some reason. I've definitely created a bit more space in here too, so I can actually fit another person in here comfortably if they need to work with me on something. Of course, now that I've switched everything around, I've still got to get used to everything being essentially in the opposite location of where I expect it. ^_^

No comments: