Tuesday, August 03, 2004

nostalgia

It just hit me that for all the wonderful things the Internet has to offer, I find myself reminiscing back to simpler times. Times where NetCentral was one of the coolest places to chat online, before the commercialization of the web led to Yahoo! and Microsoft and their ilk buying up or snuffing out all the cool, non-commercial sites. Netscape was still at the top of its game, PowWow was the "hot" instant messenger-like technology, and Trumpet Winsock was the gateway to the world wide web because at that time, Windows was surprisingly agnostic when it came to the Internet.

This is not to say that we didn't have our share of problems back then. After all, there was the dreaded <blink> tag (which I could've sworn today's web browsers didn't even implement anymore).

Great...now I feel old again. :)

No comments: