Wednesday, July 07, 2004

having a baby

We found out on June 26 that my wife is pregnant! Both of us are extremely excited about the news; not to mention the excitement of our family. My mother-in-law has already been out shopping at least three times for baby items; even took my wife once. They bought both boy and girl items and claim that they'll keep the receipts and return whatever they need to. Of course, the coming of a baby means that we're really going to have to buckle down and clean up our extra bedroom to make space for a nursery. Right now, it's a storage room, and I have no clue where everything that's in there is going to go!

I think my mind has been slipping lately after hearing the news. I can't concentrate on much anymore, and things tend to run together. I was on the phone telling a friend the date of baby's arrival and slipped up saying something like "the release date will be...". I caught myself soon after saying it; guess I must have been reading too many gaming magazines and websites or something!

Anyway, the due date that we were given is February 21, 2004, which seems a little early, but works out based on the way they have to count the days. Since hearing the news, I've been reading all the information I can. I've found that Baby.com has some pretty good resources available, especially for soon-to-be dads. We've also been given quite a few magazines and other paper materials to look through as well, so I guess I know what my literature will consist of for the next year or so!

[Listening to: Playstation - Song of Mana (Ending Theme) (Gaming FM - Modern Console) - Legend of Mana - ]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey... congratulations :-)

Tasneem
http://www.mblog.com/tasneem

Anonymous said...

Blah... I gotta have an account to comment now? :P

It's Barry... so they think your kid is gonna be born on *my* birthday? That's awesome! :D